How to add other Social Media profile links to a Google business profile?
Want to make your company's social media links visible in your Google business profile (formerly known as Google My Business listing) to your potential customers coming from Google search results? Nothing easier!
We have prepared for you a complete guide to adding your social media accounts and social media icons to your Google business profile:
- YouTube channel
And much more. Everything you need to add any social media link to your business listings is in this article. Here we go!
How visible is your business profile on GoogleCheck it for free
Ensure consistent information across your company's social profiles
To begin with, write down all the social profiles of your company that you manage so that you can then create a checklist for them, according to which you will later perform each action. If you have already prepared it, now for each profile (if it has one), you need to verify:
- Organization name - is the title or name of the profile on Social Media the same as the title in the company profile on Google?
- Opening Hours - have you added the opening hours, and are they the same as those listed in its Google profile?
- Website address - have you included, and does it direct to the same page as the Google business profile?
- Description - is the description very similar to the one added in your Google business profile, describes the business in detail, what it does, and who its products or services are for?
- Category - is the business category provided the same as what you listed in the profile on Google?
- Phone number - did you provide the same phone number as in your business profile?
- Business Address - do you have the same address listed in your profile on Google?
If you have checked all these elements or corrected the ones, you did not correctly fill in - great! Completing this step means that your social media profiles are 100% complete and contain consistent data with your Google profile.
Now it's time for the next step - the website.
Adjust the data on your business website
The next task you should perform is a thorough check of your website and the data that is on it. As with your business's social media profiles, the website that these profiles and google business profiles direct you to should also have information that is consistent with these profiles. First and foremost, you should check:
- Title of the page - does the page title that all profiles link to have the same name as those profiles?
- Phone number - did you provide the same phone number in the footer as in the profiles?
- Company address - do you have the same address in the page's footer as in the social media channels and Google?
- Description - is the description on the business page similar to the one added in the company's profiles? Does it describe the company in detail, what it does, and who its products or services are for?
- Opening Hours - have you added opening hours to the page's footer, and are they the same as those listed in the profiles?
- Schema Local Business - have you added schema local business to your site? Does it include a SameAs section with the URLs that link to the company's Social Media profiles and Google company profile? You can check this here: https://search.google.com/test/rich-results and read about it in the Google knowledge panel here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7445569 . You should be able to add this plain text document by yourself, but you can always ask a website developer or Google support to help you out.
- A map on the website - do you have a map added with your company profile, reviews, address, etc.? You can quickly generate it by searching for your company on Google Maps and clicking share -> Embed a map iframe on the website with map and business information on Google.
That's all, now all you have to do is wait and be patient
Unfortunately, you do not influence when and which your social links will show on Google business listing profile. If you have done all of the above and are 100% sure that you have done them well, it will be okay - digital marketing and local SEO takes time.
Google algorithm needs it to visit all the pages, update the information found in them, and link them together, ultimately making your company's social media accounts show up in your company's Google profile. From time to time, you need to check if the information that Google shows is up-to-date. Good luck!