google search console
What is google search console - Definition
Google Search Console GSC (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) is a free tool offered by Google for website administrators. It is a set of tools dedicated to SEO optimization that allows you to monitor, analyze and improve your site's visibility in Google's search results. Google Search Console allows site administrators to control how their site is indexed and displayed in search result.
Why is Google Search Console worth using?
Google Search Console is an essential tool for every website owner and online marketing professional. Here are some reasons why you should use it:
- Tracking indexation - One of the main reasons to use Google Search Console is the ability to monitor your indexed pages by Google. With this tool, you can track how many pages of your site are indexed, how often they are refreshed, and the top keywords you are visible for in Google's search engine.
- Keyword Search - Google Search Console also provides information about your site search appearance for various keywords. You can see how often your site appears in the results for given queries, how high the click-through rate (CTR) is for each result, and how these rates change over time. This data can indicate which keywords are most effective for your site and help you plan your SEO strategy.
- Analysis of leading links - Leading links (backlinks) are important for SEO. Google Search Console allows you to analyze the links leading to your site. You can find out which pages lead to your site, their sources and the most important keywords associated with those links. This will help you understand which external sites are contributing to your site's visibility and assess whether it's worth continuing to work with these sources.
- Error monitoring - Google Search Console notifies you of any errors that Google encounters when indexing your site. You'll receive notifications about problems, for example, when Google can't find certain pages or detects 404 errors. With this tool, you can quickly identify and fix any technical problems that may be negatively affecting your site's search performance in Google's search engine results.
- Mobility Verification - GSC provides information about a site's mobile usability, such as whether the site is responsive, speed on mobile devices, and compliance with Google's mobile site policy.
Connecting GSC to your website
To use Google Search Console, you must first connect your website. There are two methods of doing that:
- Adding a meta tag - This involves pasting special meta descriptions provided by GSC into the site's source code. This process requires access to the site code and the ability to paste HTML code.
- Through Google Analytics - If you are already using Google Analytics, you can connect GSC by linking your Google Analytics account to your Search Console account. This method is easier and does not require direct interference with the site code.
How to log in to GSC?
To log into Google Search Console, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Google Search Console page.
- Click the "Get Started" button and sign in to your Google Search Console Account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one.
- Add your site and connect it to GSC using one of the methods described earlier.
- After successful setup, your site will be verified and you will be able to access all available GSC data and tools.
Introducing Google Search Console is a key step in optimizing your website for search engines. With this tool, you can monitor the visibility of your site and improve its positions in search results, which will help increase organic traffic and achieve better Google search results.